Job Title: Head of Design & Construction- North America
FLSA Status: full-time, exempt, salaried
Report to: Hierarchically to the Managing Director US, functionally to the Managing Director D&C
Office: Washington, DC
Building Energy Holding US LLC is a subsidiary of the Italian based Building Energy SPA, a leading renewable energy company worldwide. We create value driving innovation through developing, financing, building and operating reliable renewable power plants and customer-oriented renewable energy solutions.
More information is available at www.buildingenergy.it.
Summary of Position:
Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Managing Director D&C. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: engineering, procurement and construction. Assists the Managing Director US in the development of organization policies and goals that cover the above functions and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
Essential skills, duties and responsibilites
- Electrical engineering background, better if with experience in renewable plants;
- Able to work and to motivate the team by ensuring that each person of the team has clear task and targets;
- Assists the Development team during the development phase by ensuring that all the technical matters are evaluated and any potential risks is highlighted in due time and mitigated;
- Leads his team during the technical due diligence by ensuring that the process is completed in time;
- Reviews periodically, along with the US Managing Director, the project pipelines and ensures that the proper team is allocated at each project;
- Leads the negotiation, along with the Procurement Manager and the Technical team, of the EPC Contractors by ensuring that the process is completed in time and quality and the target, as defined with the US Managing Director, are achieved;
- Reviews with the relevant project manager the status of the projects under construction by highlighting the potential risks and the relevant mitigations;
- Manages the project managers to ensure that the projects are completed in time, quality and budget;
- Attends periodical site meeting with the EPC contractors and the site team to ensure the project is under control and defines with the relevant site management the potential mitigations for delay;
- Prepares the reporting for the Company Management and attends the weekly review with the Managing Director D&C;
- Ensure and leads, during the execution phase, that the projects fulfills the obligations with the applicable third parties (i.e. interconnection agreement, PPA, independent engineer, tax equity investor, bank, etc);
- Works with the development team to identify and mitigate any potential risks from the permit point of view;
- Attends and leads any potential negotiations with the EPC Contractors for change orders, claims, etc;
- Ensure the interface with the HO team;
- Ensure a proper transaction from the D&C phase and the O&M phase;